Sunday, October 29, 2017

Wholecloth Pink Paisley Swirl Quilt with Fleece Back

The wholecloth pink paisley swirl throw with the fleece back is done and on its way to town with Larry, so he can give it to my sister-in-law, Annette, who was recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer and has started undergoing chemotherapy.

My daughter Hester gave me these quilting clips for my birthday recently.  They worked perfectly for this job.  So nice, not trying to sew a rosebush, and finishing by looking like I had a wrestling match with a porcupine.  The fold-it-to-the-back, stitch-in-the-ditch-from-the-front method will always require pins -- but the fold-it-to-the-front, stitch-it-down-with-a-fancy-stitch method will now be accomplished with quilting clips!


I used a short and narrow hem stitch to put the binding on -- fleece, left wider and longer than the front, then brought from the back and folded over.

Quilting designs always look pretty on fleece.

I just followed the print of the fabric for my quilting design.








2 comments: