Saturday, November 18, 2017

Customer's X's and O's Quilt

Quilting a customer's "X's and O's" quilt.  Pantograph is called 'Meandering Dove'.

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Baskets of Lilies Quilt Top Together, Except Borders

The Baskets of Lilies quilt top is all together now, except for the borders.  Twenty more appliquéd flowers will extend into the borders.  I plan to put fabric yo-yos in the center of each appliquéd flower after quilting is complete.

Sunday, November 12, 2017

16 Appliqué Blocks for the Baskets of Lilies Quilt

Today I appliqued the petals for the 16 interior appliqué blocks for the Baskets of Lilies quilt.  There are 20 more flowers to appliqué; they will be on the outer half-blocks and extend into the borders.  There will be sashes and cornerstones between the blocks.

Sunday, November 5, 2017

More Lily Blocks

Four more lily blocks are done.  That makes a total of 16.  Nine more to go.

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Seven More Blocks

Today I completed seven (and a half) more 14" Carolina Lily blocks for the Baskets of Lilies quilt.  A total of 12 of these blocks are done now, with 13 more to go.  After that, the 36 appliqué blocks.

Thinking I might quit after five, I took a picture of all the blocks together... then decided to sew two more together.  

Thursday, November 2, 2017

More Blocks for the Baskets of Lilies Quilt

Tonight I finished two Carolina Lily blocks for the Baskets of Lilies quilt, making five total finished blocks; and all 60 of the remaining 'blossoms' (half-stars) put together for the last 20 blocks.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Carolina Lily Blocks for the Basket of Lilies Quilt

I got three 14" blocks done today for the Baskets of Lilies quilt.
(And yes, those are inset seams in the 'blossoms'.)

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Wholecloth Pink Paisley Swirl Quilt with Fleece Back

The wholecloth pink paisley swirl throw with the fleece back is done and on its way to town with Larry, so he can give it to my sister-in-law, Annette, who was recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer and has started undergoing chemotherapy.

My daughter Hester gave me these quilting clips for my birthday recently.  They worked perfectly for this job.  So nice, not trying to sew a rosebush, and finishing by looking like I had a wrestling match with a porcupine.  The fold-it-to-the-back, stitch-in-the-ditch-from-the-front method will always require pins -- but the fold-it-to-the-front, stitch-it-down-with-a-fancy-stitch method will now be accomplished with quilting clips!

I used a short and narrow hem stitch to put the binding on -- fleece, left wider and longer than the front, then brought from the back and folded over.

Quilting designs always look pretty on fleece.

I just followed the print of the fabric for my quilting design.