Sunday, May 22, 2016

Pineapples and Pinwheels Table Topper Finished

I’ve just finished the table topper that is to be a wedding gift for our daughter-in-law’s sister, who is getting married next Sunday.  I took pictures... and noticed as I was smoothing it out that I’d totally missed a little section of feathered leaves in the pantograph.  So I put it back on the frame, fired up the HQ16, moved the panto into place, and finished the design.

I still need to steam the inside corners (i.e., ‘smoosh them down flat’) and sew my tag on the back.  The box of Color Catchers arrived in the mail; I’ll tuck that in with the gift, along with washing and drying instructions.

As I type, it’s 1:00 in the morning – and there is a mockingbird out in our trees somewhere singing his heart out.  He goes through a repertoire that imitates every bird common to the area – robins, English sparrows, cardinals, house finches, goldfinches, blue jays, orioles, wood thrushes, brown thrashers, etc. – and adds numerous tunes of his own.  Quite the songster he is!


Here are the pictures; can you see the missing-feathers spot?








2 comments:

  1. Lovely - the colors are so vibrant and it looks like pineapples

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Sarah Lynn! What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete